|By Market & Techie News Channel||
|April 20, 2009 10:16 AM EDT||
1. Get a reliable Internet Connection with good speed
2. Install an Internet Security Suite which consists of Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Spam, Firewall, Pop-up-Blocker and Privacy Control. Be sure to try the software before you buy, because some software may slowdown your PC.
3. Remove the Temporary Files, Folders, Internet Cache, Cookies once you finish surfing. For this you can enable the automatic cleanup option available in the browser settings.
4. Install the Windows updates, whenever prompted by your computer, because updates provide some advanced features, and security patches to protect the computer from vulnerabilities. If you haven’t enabled the automatic windows updates, enable it now!
5. Remove unnecessary/unused softwares that have been installed in your computer, because too much of unused software can also affect the system performance.
6. Always scan the external devices (USB Drive, CD’s, DVD’s, external hard disc) with your antivirus software before you access the folders/files.
7. When you download free wares, be sure that you download it from genuine sites like download.com as this download site tests spyware or virus free, after which they accept the download link from developers.
8. Take regular secure back-up of your data
9. Have a RAM, which suits your computer hard disc and also learn how to restore you computer.
10. Disable unnecessary services that are running in your computer.
11. Know to differentiate unsolicited spam/hoax emails and genuine emails
12. Be sure to check for SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypted certificate when you visit banking related websites. i.e. check if the site starts with https:// before you provide personal confidential financial information . This will prevent loss of information and unnecessary adware’s getting installed in your computer.
- Social Media Optimization
- Protecting a PC, Is That Really Easy?
- Internet Security Suite and Antivirus Software
- Evolution of the Painting Art
- Best Antivirus Program for PC Protection - How to Buy It?
- Achieving Targets isn't much difficult - Agree?
- Antivirus Software and Safe Online Behaviour - 2010 Outlook
- 12 Tips to Make your PC Healthy
- Global Economic Crisis and the IT Security Industry
- Car Rental Services, More Affordable and Easier